Friday, May 21, 2010

Last Free Blog Post.

Well this blog is about to come to a close and I figured I should end it right. By speaking about what's on my mind.

The main thing that has been going through my head is about the main focus of my life. The place where I spend most of my days, and will continue spending it until I'm a young adult. School. It's getting towards the end of the year and stressful finals are approaching faster than I would have liked to imagine. This year hasn't been the greatest for me academically and my test taking performance has fallen also. I'm not very excited to take hour long tests on the last week of school, but alas I must strive through it. 19 days until summer and even less than that of actual days that I'll be attending school. Make it out of this and I'll have 3 whole months to slack off. Except for the fact that I probably won't have my usual carefree summers anymore. This summer I'm either joining an SAT prep class or signing up for summer classes. 8 more weeks of academics doesn't sound very appealing, but it's just something you have to do. If I want better SAT scores, there's no better way. So as that's established, other things roam my mind. Other than the 90% of the time with my brain focused on school, or rather focused on how to avoid school(work).

Something that has recently been occurring in my head is about trends. We live in a world full of them, especially teenagers since they care the most about what's hip and new.You have the trendsetters, those going out of their way to try and 'start' something, or predict what the next 'cool' thing is. The followers, who hop from trend to trend staying 'cool' and into the latest stuff. Then you have the people who don't care, they do them and let others be whatever they want to be. I love those types of people. Don't judge people because they're not interested in the same things as you are, or share the same ideas as you. If anything, have some respect for them, they go against all the peer pressure, the constant teasing, and in the end they're still who they want to be. They're not some thuglife gangster one day and next year they're the punk rock skater kid. They stay being who they want to be and regardless of what others do or say, they keep living their lives. I don't get why people are so obsessed with others' lives. Celebrities, Facebook news feeds, etc. All that is really just unnecessary information that really, you don't need to know. Focus on being who you want to be, strive and stick through with your plans. Respect others and shake off the people who don't respect you. In the end just keep being yourself, it's that simple. Don't stop and think, just act. Some people will love you for it, others will hate you, but in the end that's just how life works out for everyone. At least you know that you're one of the rare genuine breed of people out there, and that, that's something to be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment