Friday, October 21, 2011

[Re]: School

I guess I was just in a dreamy state of mind until senior year when all the college, graduating, and applications crashed down on me. That’s when reality started sinking in. I hated myself for not being more studious. I hated that I didn’t really give a shit about grades before and now it’s come back to haunt me. -Damien
 
This was pretty much an inevitable outcome for me from the moment I entered high school. I never took into account the magnitude that my grades would have on getting into college, or that it would ever be this competitive. I guess the idea of it just never really sank into my head until it was too late. I was never the real studious person anyways.
       No matter how much I would tell myself to study, no matter how many New Year’s resolutions that I would make to get better grades, in the end, nothing has really changed. I still don’t study as much as I should. Instead, I spend my time just lounging around, or hanging out and not really doing anything. The idea of studying never really appealed to me, so I guess it just never became a habit of mine. And what a pity that is.
       If I were to give advice to any incoming freshman, it would be to take school work very seriously, even if it’s freshman year. Honestly, the work load isn’t bad, you just have to be consistent about everything. Homework is pretty much the most important thing. If you turn in every single homework assignment, it’s basically a guaranteed C in the class, because no matter how bad you do on the tests, you would still know the material from doing the homework so much and having the repetition act embedded into your mind. So, now I’m just left with regret and hope that I could make it into a good university.

No comments:

Post a Comment