Friday, September 16, 2011

[FP]: Photography.

Taking pictures has progressively grown to become one of my favorite hobbies to do. The idea that I can capture a moment, an expression, a feeling in a single moment in time and keep that moment in time in a picture has always caught my interest. At first it began as a casual thing. I received a Samsung SL202 point and shoot as my first camera. I would basically take pictures of each and everything I saw, even if they weren't interesting, I wanted to just start capturing everything and getting a feeling for using it. I even started carrying it around with me everyday because I started to do a self-photography project called Project 365, where you basically take a picture of something every single day for a full year. I ended up stopping around day 200 because the my days kept getting busier and I never had time to think of interesting concepts or compositions to take photos with. I would say that my knowledge and skills with a camera have increased dramatically over the period of a year. Over that time I've acquired a consumer level DSLR camera, which is what I currently shoot with. Through taking multimedia art in my junior year, and just experience on my own, my skills for post-processing pictures in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom have also become a useful skill. I hope to take my hobby further with the purchase of a couple lenses in the nearby future so I can take pictures of a better caliber.

A rather progressive sample of some pictures over time:














1 comment: