Friday, September 16, 2011

[Re]: Insane Bike Trip

I've been to so many places on my bike I could practically say that I've been just about everywhere. I'm always looking for new places to go, craving that adventure and trying to immerse myself in a new environment just so I could slowly figure out my surroundings. Sometimes, I don't know where I'll end up and I'll get scared, but part of that experience is conquering the fear of the unknown. I journey to become lost and make it my quest to find my way back. I found that experience during the summer--a trip I'll never forget. Enter Joaquin Miller Park. -France
 I seriously consider this to be one of the greatest physical feats that I've accomplished so far. What made it insane was that it was supposed to just be a simple bike trip that could give us something to do on a weekend, yet get in our exercise as well. I personally consider myself to be a pretty active and physically fit person, but I don't think I could have ever prepared myself for a trip quite like this. The trip was supposed to be around the 25 mile range with only one very steep hill and a couple of small ones. Little did I know that before we even entered Joaquin Miller Park, the hills would be so steep that we were forced to walk our bikes up. I seriously believe that we spent walked up hills for a good 2-3 miles that day. The only thought that kept motivation in my mind was the thought that 'If we take so much effort to walk UP these steep hills, there has to come a point in time where we could ride DOWN them as well." Basically I just kept going due to the fact that I was hoping to go down hills at a very fast velocity. All, in all I would say that the bike trip and hiking was worth it, and as an experience it was definitely something to learn from. I don't really want to go into details about that day since France hasn't finished telling the story, but it was definitely one to remember. I hope to go on that same route again sometime in the future, just because we've been through it before now and we know what to expect. I really look forward to our next bike trip, and this time hopefully more people would be willing to accompany us.

No comments:

Post a Comment